Press Releases (Click to view):
- Robby Johnson’s “Together” Added to CMT Music (December 9, 2016)
- Country Music Star Robby Johnson Releases Deluxe Edition of Debut Album, Don’t Look Back (November 14, 2016)
- Robby Johnson’s “Together”: Story Behind The Video (October 31, 2016)
- Robby Johnson Offers Emotional “Together” (September 16, 2016)
- McDonald’s® Canada Features Country Singer-Songwriter Robby Johnson in New Ad Campaign (March 30, 2016)
- Independent & International: Robby Johnson Taking Off (December 1, 2015)
- Love Flows For Robby Johnson’s “Hate Me Tonight” (October 22, 2015)
- Robby Johnson’s New Single Garners Nearly 400,000 Views (September 22, 2015)
- Robby Johnson Participates In Historical Country Music Milestone (July 20, 2015)
- Robby Johnson Gets ‘Shady’ This Summer With New Single (June 16, 2015)
- Robby Johnson Gives Back At McDonald’s McHappy Day (May 11, 2015)
- Robby Johnson Announces Release Of Debut Album (April 17, 2015)
- Country Singer/Songwriter Robby Johnson Back In The Studio (March 9, 2015)
- Rising Country Star Robby Johnson Makes A Musical Resolution For 2015 (January 9, 2015)
- Robby Johnson’s 2014 In Review: Hit Single, National Television, And Music & Fashion Press Kudos (December 5, 2014)
- Robby Johnson in Country Weekly (September 29, 2014)
- Singer-Songwriter Robby Johnson’s Independent Success On The Rise (August 27, 2014)
- Robby Johnson Signs With Contrast Music & Sony Red (June 13, 2014)
- Robby Johnson’s “South Of Me” Trending Up, Earning Raves (May 9, 2014)
- Robby Johnson’s “South Of Me” Takes Upward Direction (March 4, 2014)
HI RES PHOTOS, Click here
For Immediate Release December 5, 2014
Robby Johnson’s 2014 In Review: Hit Single, National Television,
And Music & Fashion Press Kudos
Country Artist Wrapping Up New Album & Planning 2015 Tour Dates
(NASHVILLE, Tenn.) “It has felt like Christmas all year long,” laughs country artist Robby Johnson, who is wrapping up a banner year with the hit single “South of Me” heating up country radio and YouTube, national television exposure, and critical acclaim from not just the elite music press, but the fashion world as well.
“I’m truly grateful for what this past year has brought me. I’ve been amazed at every turn – from appearing on Late Show With David Letterman to seeing how well “South of Me’ was received to walking down that red carpet at the CMA Awards, which was kind of like the feeling of a kid coming face-to-face with the real Santa Claus! It’s really been many dreams come true for me in 2014 and I’m excited about what we have in store for 2015,” says Johnson.
This year saw the music video for “South of Me” hit nearly 3 million views on YouTube, while the song itself topped CMT Pure’s 12-Pack Countdown an impressive seven times. Johnson performed the song on CBS’ Late Show With David Letterman this summer.
His music has brought the critical acclaim from such prestigious outlets as Billboard, which wrote: “The romantic new single from newcomer Robby Johnson has many fans feeling delightful… it [has] a warm and inviting style.” Music News Nashville was also taken by Johnson, writing: “Millions of fans are captivated by the soulful and simmering voice of rising country singer/songwriter.”
The always-fashionable heartthrob also piqued the interest of the fashion and celebrity press this year after his walk down the red carpet at the 48th Annual CMA Awards November 5 in Nashville turned reporters heads. Wearing a DSquared2 shirt, jacket, and jeans and John Varvatos boots, Johnson was featured in USA Today, The Tennessean, TV Guide, AOL, Celebrity Life, ABC Eyewitness News Los Angeles, and other major media outlets.
Meanwhile, Johnson has been hard at work on new songs. “I’m in the studio cutting some new songs. We’re getting great songs from all the songwriters so we should have incredible music to add on my next album,” says Johnson. While the artist remains decidedly independent, his album will be distributed through powerhouse Sony RED Distribution. That was a deal he inked earlier this year, along with a deal with a major Canadian booking agency. A U.S. booking agency deal is just about finalized.
On the touring front, they are in the midst of putting together dates for the U.S. and Europe for 2014 with a stop in France for a not-yet-revealed project with Amazon TV Networks. Details to come.
# # #
Contact: Elaine Schock, firstname.lastname@example.org